Gmail app set up
Note: most of the Android devices have default Gmail app installed already.
To connect default Gmail app, use the following settings:
- Select Exchange > click Next
- Type in your primary email address and your password.
Note: If you have an Autodiscover record compatible with Exchange server set up, tap Next, and your email account settings automatically. If the settings are populated incorrectly or you do not have that record, tap Manual setup.
- Type in the settings. You can find all the settings here:
- Administrators: HostPilot® Control Panel > Home > ActiveSync
- Users: My Services > ActiveSync. Read the Knowledge Base article Where Can I Find ActiveSync Settings For My Wireless Device? for more information.
- Username: type in your primary email address.
- Password: mailbox password.
- Client certificate: None
- Server Name: MBX083-E1-VA-1.EXCH083.serverpod.net (or east.exch083.serverdata.net)
- Port: 443
- Use Secure connection: SSL/TLS
- Click Next.
- Accept the security prompt.
- Change synchronization scope (Intermedia does not recommend to synchronize all the data for big mailboxes).
- Set the account as default one if you want it to be your reply from the account.
- Provide the description for the account (optional).
- Finish the setup by tapping on Next button.
On some Android devices there are only two fields for setting up an Exchange account: Email address and Password. Use the following settings to set up the account:
- Email address: YOUR-EMAIL-ADDRESS
- Password: your mailbox password
- Tap Add Account
Enter the Server address in the new field that will appear and change the Email address field to your primary email address. Tap Next to finish the setup.
Note: if the ‘Cannot connect to the server’ error comes up during configuration, try to switch from Wi-Fi to your mobile network or vice versa.
Read the Knowledge Base article ActiveSync Errors On Android Devices for common ActiveSync issues on Android-powered devices.