What is cloud computing?
A computer (usually not yours) hosting your files and/or performing processing.
How can cloud computing benefit my company?
Access resources such as files, email, contacts and calendars from anywhere with Internet access.
Imagine being on the road (or on vacation) and being able to see all your documents, contacts and calendars from there without having to buy an expensive server or pay for expensive IT services.
Files and other resources and can access and edited from almost any smart device.
Working on a PC while others want to use a Mac? With our cloud computing solution, it doesn’t matter. You can also access all these resources with an iPad or android tablet and, of course, your iPhone or android phone.
No need for a fast computer.
Have older computers or just don’t want to have to replace your computers every two years to keep up with speed demands? By nature, the processing with cloud computing is done somewhere else so you don’t need expensive hardware to create that spreadsheet or work on multiple files.
No need for backups.
Most people don’t back up one of their most important assets… their data. The cloud servers we use do this for you, automatically without any effort from you.
Files can easily be shared.
No need to email documents back and for or being blocked from accessing a file because someone else has it open. All edits are done in real time from any device and permissions can be set to only allow read privileges.
Much cheaper than traditional setups.
Instead of spending thousands on an expensive server then having to pay fees to have it set up. Typical users can be set up in 15 minutes.
Everyone is using the same version of the software.
No more worrying about upgrading Microsoft word or Excel. Everyone will be using the same version of the cloud software so there won’t be any inconsistencies.
Open/edit/create Word or Excel documents.
We know not everyone will be on the clouds so our software can still open/edit/create Word and Excel documents. You can even create pdfs out of these.
Files are less prone to viruses.
Cloud files are never stored on your device so there is zero to little chance of your computer ever becoming infected.
Abuzz Technologies is proud to be a Google for Work Partner and a Office 365 Reseller so we can help you decide which option is best for you.
What are the disadvantages?
Below are some of the common objections we hear when suggesting the cloud to new clients.
Files may be easier to “hack”
- Google and Microsoft have some very smart people monitoring their security and they haven’t been breached yet.
- Google and Microsoft encrypt your data as soon as it leaves your device to prevent “man in the middle” attacks.
- If you do not have your own in house email server, you are already on “the cloud” with Godaddy or Comcast.
- Two step authentication. With this enabled, the bad guy not only needs your password, he also needs your phone to log into you email.
Losing your device may leave you wide open
- Devices can be automatically wiped if they are ever stolen and since no data is stored on the device, all you need to do is change your password from another device.
Someone else is in charge of your security
- Most software companies (especially Microsoft) send out patches when they learn about vulnerabilities to their software. Do you have someone applying those patches as soon as they come out?
Programs may not work if you are not connected to the Internet
- Google has “offline mode” for docs and spreadsheets and is working on presentations.
Pricing and Features
|Google for Work||Office 365|
|Monthly pricing (includes an “Office version”)||$6 per user per month for up to 30 gigs of storage
$10 per user per month for unlimited storage
| $14.99 (with contract) for up to 1 terabyte of storage
$15.99 (without contract) for up to 1 terabyte of storage
|Monthly pricing (email hosting only)||N/A all versions include Google docs, sheets and presentations.|| $6.99 (with contract)
$7.99 (without contract)
Call us today for a no obligation discussion on how we can help you.
(888) 737 – 3586
Contact Abuzz Technologies
Serving the Tri-State Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware area.