What to do after the Google for Work migration
- Download Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Hangouts (optional), Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google sheets to your smart phone through the play store or itunes.
- If you would like to change your password, you can go to https://myaccount.google.com/ and log in with your email and new password. Click on “signing into google”, then “password”.
- Add a signature to your email https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8395?hl=en
- Gmail groups emails with the same subject into one line in email. If you don’t like this, you can turn it off https://support.google.com/mail/answer/5900?hl=en .
- If you would like to create filters (equivalent to rules in outlook) that send emails to folders, here are the instructions https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en.
- If we enabled two-step authentication, you will start seeing notices when you log into your email that you need to enter your cell phone number in. It is IMPERATIVE that you do so asap. After a certain date, you will not be able to access your email without this.
- Download Google chrome (if it is not already installed) at http://www.google.com/chrome and use this to check your email/contacts/calendar. It is recommended you set it as your default browers. You can log in at http://www.gmail.com/ with you full email address and password.
- If you have an android phone, simply add the account to your phone or tablet by following the instructions at https://support.google.com/coordinate/answer/2604692?hl=en . This will automatically sync your email, contacts and calendar.
- If would prefer to use the native phone app for checking your email (not recommended) you can find instructions at http://email.about.com/od/iphonemail/qt/et_gmail_iphone.htm.
- If you would prefer not using Google calendar, you can sync your calendar with your phone at https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en.
- To sync your contacts with your iphone or ipad, follow the instructions at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077?vid=1-635759391560533378-2292725150
- If you are choosing to use http://www.gmail.com to check your email instead of outlook, please do not try to use outlook after this sync the information will not be in sync.
- If we migrated you from Outlook, your old contacts and calendar will still be in Outlook for reference but we do not recommend you use that since they will not sync.
- Files and folders shared with you in Google drive will not automatically appear on your desktop. If you want to see them, see the instructions here https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375083?hl=en .
- Download the chrome plugin to edit office docs https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/office-editing-for-docs-s/gbkeegbaiigmenfmjfclcdgdpimamgkj?hl=en
Call us today for a no obligation discussion on how we can help you.
(215) 600 – 1771